Miyerkules, Abril 11, 2012

Miss? Universe

I always love pageants. During my younger days, I see to it that I was able to view every Bb. Pilipinas and Miss Universe. I would scramble for my mother's heels and choose the orange colored blanket and wrap it around my body and pretend that it was a gown of some sort. :)


Those girls representing their countries are epitome of grace, beauty and wit. As always, my favorite part of the contest was the question and answer portion because for you to be crowned as Miss Universe, you really have to be brilliant and rise above the rest. I will never forget Ms. Charlene Gonzales nswer when asked about how many islands are there in the Philippines; "High tide? or Low tide?". Kaboom!:D Because beauty is relative but intelligence is not. :)

And here comes Walter. IKR! He is as male as he could be. Though he had a change of heart and gender, for me, that is not the issue.


There are exceptions to the rule ( I mean the discrimination rule, because they think that they are not allowed to join hence a discrimination issue, well that's not my point) and there are limits to everything. Integrity and prestige are what makes a pageant credible and attractive for young girls and dreamers of bagging the most coveted crown of all. Now that Ms. Jenna Talackova is allowed to join the pageant and of course he/she has a chance of winning the said crown then by next year I'm pretty sure the Miss Universe pageant will not be as prestigious as it seems for natural born women.Agree?


My analogy is that men cannot be allowed to give birth. It's a woman's thing and whether you like it or not, it remains to be a woman's nature. I have gay friends and a lot of them. And I respect them too. But for me, this is not just about respect or equality. This is what it is supposed to be. It wouldn't be labeled as MISS Universe for nothing right?


Just saying. :))



2 komento:

  1. Kaboom! :-) hehehe. Point established and well said. :-) Maayo gyud ka mu sulat hon. :-)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. hehehehe. dinalian ra ni hon.murag bothered au ko.haha :D salamat!

    TumugonBurahin

Tandaan: Ang mga kasapi lamang ng blog na ito ang maaaring mag-post ng komento.